The history of the company dates back to August 1, 2006, when it completely became an independent pure-play hospitality company. On August 8, 2006, Wyndham Worldwide got spun off from the Cendant Corp and began trading as WYN. The group’s first Wyndham Hotel in China was opened at Xiamen in 2007. On March 2007 the company rebranded Trendwest South Pacific as Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific.
In the month of June the company revealed the Blue Harmony Spa and Fitness experience. By November 2007 the company became the official hospitality partner of Cirque du Soleil. The hotel & Motel Management magazine recognized the company to be the largest hotel company in the United States in 2009. On March 2012 the company established its Super 8 brand in Germany. The group’s 500th hotel was opened in Asia Pacific in June 2012. Today the group has almost 7,400 hotels under 15 brands, covering 66 countries and 6 continents.
Jobs at Wyndham:
Restaurant Manager – Mills House Wyndham Grand:
Candidates applying for this post should have completed 4 years of college degree and at least 1 year experience in related field (or) should have completed 2 year college degree and 2 or more years of experience in hotel environment (or) 3 years of experience in hotel or similar field. The job responsibilities are
- Coordinate, supervise and direct all the aspects of one F&B outlet’s operations
- Maintain a cost-effective F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels
- Market ideas to improve business, decrease employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets
- Respond to complaints of the guests in correct time
- Assist in the preparation and planning of menu
- Should be on the floor and help the staff as necessary during each meal period
- Make sure that all the guests are satisfied of the services provided to them
Room Attendant in New York:
Candidate applying for this position should have completed high school diploma or any equivalent course or he/she should have experience in hotel or similar field. The job responsibilities are
- Clean the guest rooms according to the standards
- Keep the hallways, public areas and closets clean, and vacuumed
- Keep the housekeeping cleaning cart restocked for next day’s use
- Report to the housekeeping supervisor or manager about daily work activities
The following benefits are enjoyed by the Wyndham employees.
- Health and welfare benefits like vision, dental, medical plans. Long term disability benefit is also provided
- Retirement plans [401 (K)]
- Other benefits like employee discounts, Educational Assistance Program, Adoption Reimbursement, Domestic Partner Benefit etc.
Online job application:
To apply for a job in Wyndham group visit http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/ and click careers. In the job search, select the required job in the preferred place and finally click on apply.
The technical specialist earns about $ 106,530 per month while the programmer analyst gets about $ 73,433/month.
The company has good reviews from its employees, 46% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 78% of the employees approve of the CEO. Most of them are pretty much satisfied with the work, benefits, and work culture. Employees say that the company is a great place to work and develop individual’s potential.
Few of the cons listed out were poor fulfillment and customer resolution practices, no training for new employees, no social life with the schedule etc. Some employees were not much satisfied with the healthcare benefit.