The company history can be traced back to the year 1777 when Mr. William Bass started a brewery in Burton-on-Trent. It gradually became one of the leading breweries in U.K. in 1876 the Bass triangle became the first trademark to be registered in U.K. Bass bought regional brewing companies like Mitchells & Butlers in the Midlands in the year 1961 and merged with Charringtons in London. In 1988 Bass acquired Holiday Inns International and made a remarkable move into the hotel industry.
The company expanded internationally after it acquired The North American Holiday Inn business in 1990. In 2000 the company marked its position as the leading hotel company in Asia Pacific, by acquiring Southern Pacific Hotels Corporation (SPHC) in Australia. In the same year the company bought Bristol Hotels & Resorts Inc. and sold Bass Brewers to a top Belgian brewer. It was also in the same year that the company sold its name Bass and adopted the name Six Continents PLC. In April 2001 the company acquired the European Posthouse chain of hotels. On 15th April 2003 the company became InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG).
Jobs in Intercontinental Hotels Group:
Front Office Manager- Crowne Plaza:
Candidate applying for this post should have a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of work experience. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and should be well versed in written and spoken English and should have good presentation skills. The following are the job responsibilities
- Manage the affairs of the Front office department by making sure that the quality standards of the product are met and maximum services are provided to the hotel guests according to the management’s objectives
- Carry out the human resource functions by selecting, coaching and counseling the staffs
- Adhere to recognition programs to enhance the hotels performance standards
Night Manager – Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport:
This is a full-time job and the shift is from 11 pm to 7.30 am. The position fits well for a person whose lifestyle matches the Night Manager schedule. The applicant should have previous experience in similar role or in supervisory/management fields. He/she should have outstanding guest relations, problem solving and time management skills, admirable record of guest problem retrieval and have work knowledge of hotel property management systems. The job responsibilities are
- Make sure that the guests receive immediate attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel
- Coordinate and supervise the hotel throughout the shift. This includes safety of the guests, beyond the expectations of the guest’s services, auditing and balancing the hotel accounts
- Respond to guest needs and issues when it arises
- Savings and Retirement Plans [401 (K) plan].
- Health and Welfare Plans like medical benefits, vision benefits, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability Insurance etc.
- Other benefits like vacation, employee assistance program, employee room program, healthy lifestyle programs etc.
Online Job Application:
To apply for the job in this company visit http://www.ihgplc.com and click careers, a job search box will appear. Select the required job at the preferred location and apply.
The Manager earns an average salary of $ 66,567 per month. The night auditor and the guest service representative gets around $ 10.19/hour and $ 8.56/hour respectively.
Most of the employees are satisfied with the company and 68% of them would recommend the company to their friends. 94% of them approve of the CEO. Majority of the employees have reviewed the company as an excellent place to work and grow professionally. Only a few cons like short work hours, ignoring human rights in foreign countries in order to expand portfolio etc. were pointed out by the workers.