This cruise has been acknowledged as the highly rated cruises around the globe and has worn thousands of awards for their wonderful premium quality services. The Holland America Line Company now runs around 500 sailings in a year to exquisite destination such as Bermuda, New Zealand, Alaska, Asia, the Panama Cana, Canada, South America, Mexico, Australia, Europe etc. and round the world cruises. The pride of Holland America Line is its “Signature of Excellence” in the luxury cruises that they provide for their precious customers.
Job available in Holland America Line Company
There are new upgrades of resort pools, nightclubs, bars, restaurants and Staterooms installed in their cruise ships with excellent and impressive job opportunities for fresh candidates. There are wide ranges of employment possibilities available in the hotel, beauty salons or spa, gift shops, medical operators, entertainment, engine and deck areas.
- Supervise and train the employees to operate in the cruise kitchen
- Prepares work schedule for the employees
- Encourage officers working in the kitchen departments to achieve the objective
- Control the working hours of the employees according to the kitchen organization guidelines
- Ensure that no food is spoiled
Chief responsibility of the tournant is to guide and execute culinary events such as Culinary Art Center demonstrations, Dine with the Chef, Master Chef Room, An Evening at Le Cirque, Sommelier Dinner, and the implementation and executive of all Culinary Council Recipes.
- Helps in the management department in the kitchen areas like plate presentation and recipe training
- Conducts culinary classes and cooking demonstrations
- Help the executive chef to execute cleaning and handling food according to the USPH standard
- Assist the kitchen staff in creating new yummy menus
- The quantity and quality of the ordered kitchen items should be checked if it is stored in proper hygiene condition.
Reservation office agents
If you are interested in working offshore then reservation agent position that implements wide responsibilities in departments such as customer service, finance, sales, administration etc will suit you.
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Good typing skills
- Need to interact pleasantly with the customers who wants to book tickets for a cruise holiday
- Implement the experiences gained from the travel agency to satisfy the customers
- Excellent telephone manners to answer every query made by the customers exclusively with detailed information about the cruise holiday packages
- Should maintain good relationship with the travel agencies in order to improve sales of holiday cruise tours.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel fun
- Exclusive training
- Vacations paid
- Life insurance
- Wonderful 5 star premium work environment
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in Holland America, visit the company’s official website www.hollandamerica.com. If you are new to the website, you will be asked to create your job profile before applying. Incase if you already have a username and password, you can login to the website directly and search for your desired job at the preferred location. After choosing the job to apply, select the particular job and click apply button.
The Performers are paid about $40k -$45k per month whereas Cruise Director gets around $2500k per month. Similarly Driver Guides are paid $10 – $15 per hour.
The employees working in Holland America are happy with their company as 71% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends. And 77%approve of the CEO, Stein Kruse.
Some of the pros and cons of working in Holland America are
- Great opportunity to see many different exotic beautiful scenery around the world
- Friendly place to work
- Good facilities provided to employees
- Old style management; no respect for employees
- Less chance for career promotion
- Hard to renew work contract