The history of Hilton Worldwide dates back to 1919 when Conrad N. Hilton bought The Mobley, a 40-room hotel in Cisco, Texas. During 1925 Conrad Hilton opened Dallas Hilton, the first hotel to have the Hilton name. In 1965 the company launched Lady Hilton; the first hotel designed entirely for women travelers. The first Hampton Inn was opened in Memphis, TN in 1984. Hampton Hotels were started as a branch of Holiday Inn then owned by Promus Hotel Corporation. The inn was closed in 2005 and later sold off. Now the inn operates as an America’s Best Value Inn.
Jobs at Hampton Inn:
Guest Service Manager:
Persons who are committed to customer care and guest satisfaction fits into this position. The job responsibilities are
- Manage and support all Front Desk operations like guest service and registration, budgeting and forecasting, department management, strategy and procedure execution etc.
- Conduct staff meetings to review hotel standards etc.
- Supervise, schedule, conduct counseling, evaluate and deliver recognition and reward.
- Recruit and train the team members.
- Assess and attend to the issues and make improvements according to the need.
- Resolve the guest issues in a timely manner.
- Make sure whether all the team members have up-to-date knowledge about hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing, policies and the local area and events.
FT Room Attendant:
The job responsibilities for this post are
- Clean the guest rooms, make beds, clean bathrooms, dust and vacuum the rooms.
- Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart daily.
- Dispose trash and the recyclable materials.
- Respond efficiently and pleasantly to the special guest requests whenever it is made.
The following benefits are enjoyed by the Hampton Inn employees.
- Competitive starting salary.
- Vacation/Paid Time Off (as per the eligibility).
- Special benefit like the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which include reduced hotel room rates in the Hilton hotels for the employee and family plus a discount on the products and services provided by Hilton Worldwide and its partners.
- Health & Welfare benefits
- 401K Savings Plan.
- Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs.
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in this company log on to http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/index.html and go to the career option at the bottom of the page. Select the required job at the preferred position and apply.
The general manager earns about $47,333 per month. The guest service agent is paid around $11.00/hour while the night audit and the housekeeper gets about $8.75/hour and $7.78/hour respectively.
The company has got good reviews from the employees as 64% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 76% of them approve of the CEO. Most of the employees are pretty satisfied with the work environment and the benefits offered by the company. The employees suggest that the company is a great and productive place to work at. The attractive fact about the company in employees words were that the work hours were flexible though they had to work during holidays. There were few cons mentioned such as long standing hours and low pay for a few job posting.