The company was founded by Isadore Sharp, in 1961. In 1963 the company opened its second hotel, Toronto’s Inn on the Park, and a third hotel was opened by the end of the decade. In 1972 Isadore’s first London hotel which was Small, central and well-resourced, with friendly, personalized 24-hour service, was opened. Four Seasons made an entry into the US market with its first management contract for San Francisco’s 1913 landmark hotel (The Clift) in the year 1976.
The company opened a hotel with a full-service spa which was available to the people round-the-clock in 1986. The hotel established its first tropical resort, in Maui in the year 1990 and next one in the Caribbean island of Nevis in the following year. The hotels first branch in Asia was opened in the year 1992 and in the same year the company took over Regent International Hotels. In 2002 the hotel entered the China market through its Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. The hotel made an entry in to India with a contemporary hotel in Mumbai’s Worli district.
Jobs at Four Seasons hotels:
Executive Chef – Philadelphia:
The person applying for this post should have seven to ten years of working experience in the kitchen with a diversity of cooking experience and a proven track record in fine dining. Also the applicant should have an excellent knowledge of food and beverage and should have a proven record of experience in managing the Kitchen within a restaurant or hotel. The job requirements are
- Make tactical and functional decisions for the Food and Beverage operation within the Hotel or Resort
- Confirm the smooth running of the kitchen department by maintaining the hotels standard of product and service to all outlets including the Employee Restaurant
- Provide leadership and guidance to the sub-ordinates
Hotel Assistant Manager – Washington D.C:
The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree (qualification in Hospitality Management preferred) and a minimum experience of 3 years in hotel Rooms Division. The job responsibilities are
- Supervise the daily functions of the Front Desk Reception of the hotel
- Manage the reception staffs to deliver a seamless registration and cashiering service for the guests
- Control the room rate availability on full-house nights in order to optimize occupancy, revenue and protect guaranteed reservations
The employees of Four Seasons Hotels enjoy the following benefits
- Career growth opportunities.
- Motivational bonus / competitive salaries.
- Free stay at Four Seasons properties with discount on meals.
- Paid holidays.
- Dental, medical and disability life insurance.
- Pension plans etc.
Online Job application:
To apply for a job in Four Seasons Hotels, log on to http://jobs.fourseasons.com and go to careers option. Then select a preferred location, a list of jobs available on that location will appear. Apply for the required job.
The host/hostess earns around $ 13.98/ hour while the banquet server and the first bartender gets about $ 11.31/ hour and $ 16.35/ hour.
The employees are pretty much happy with the work as 84% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 100% of the employees approve of the CEO. Most of the employees enjoy working at the company and they say it is a great company which is equally productive and fun to work at. They also appreciate the company values and the management’s interpersonal relationship with its workers. There were only few cons mentioned by the employees such as long work hours, lack of medical benefits etc.