Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, Mainstay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, and Ascend Collection are the motel brands owned by the company. Steve Joyce is the President and CEO.
The hotel was stated in 1941 as ‘’Quality Courts United’’ when owners of seven motels united to establish a successful business. In 1951 the hotel became the first to give a 24 hours desk service and telephones in rooms. Between 1969 and 1972 the hotel began functioning under the names Quality Motels and Quality Inns. In the year 1982 the hotel began segmentation by launching Comfort Inns and Quality Royale.
Comfort Inn competed with hotel chains like AmericInn Hotels, Baymont Inn & Suites, and Fairfield Inn by Marriott ,while Quality Royale competed with upper mid-priced chains like Red Lion and Four Points by Sheraton. Later in 1987 Quality Royale was changed to Clarion Hotels. In the beginning of 90s the hotel acquired Friendship Inns, Rodeway Inn, Econo Lodge and adopted the name Choice Hotels International. In January 2005 the hotel introduced Cambria Suites, an all-suite hotel designed in contemporary style.
Jobs at Choice Hotels International:
Project Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
Person applying for this job should have completed a 4 years bachelor’s degree with 1-2years of experience in a related field. Also he/she should have excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills. The job responsibilities are
- Create, manage and communicate timelines for infrastructure projects
- Track and deal with the project budgets for the infrastructure projects assigned
- Trace and solve project related risks and issues
- Report status to project team and executive sponsors
- Deal the annual budget and quarterly request process with different teams
- Interact with the senior leaders for request approvals, capital reports and analysis
- Assure that processes meet audit and budget requirements
Analyst, Quality Improvement
The applicant needs to have a BA degree from 4 year college or university along with two years of experience at call center (technical environment preferred). The person should have excellent communication, listening and organizational skills. The job requirements are as follows
- Work with peers, trainers, coordinators, supervisors and other management team members in order to assess how effective is the existing training and tools, and recommend for change that would bring about continuous improvement and quality.
- Compile and trace efficiency at team and individual level by using quality monitoring data management system.
- Work with the other continuous improvement analysts, trainers and instructional design team members, design and carry out appropriate new and continuing education training programs and job aids.
The employees of the Choice Hotels International enjoy the following benefits
- Retirement plan [401 (K)]
- Health and welfare plans like medical, dental, life insurance, short-term/long-term disability insurance etc.
- Paid leave
- Adoption assistance, hotel discount, employee banking and so on.
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job at Choice hotels, log on to http://careers.choicehotels.com/ and go to the careers. Then select the preferred job posting in the desired location and click on apply now.
The project manager earns about $ 66,400 per month while the programmer analyst earns about $75,527/month. The general manager and the director’s income are around $45,625 and $97,750 per month respectively.
Most of the employees are happy with the work with 40% of them willing to recommend the company to their friends and 42% of the workers approve of the CEO. Many of the employees feel that the company is a great place to work and an ideal place to start an employment. Many are satisfied with the work hours and benefits provided. Some of the staffs pointed out few cons such as threat of getting fired was always there, lack of health benefits, bidding on shifts, low pay etc.