Walter Chrysler found the company Chrysler Corporation in the year 1925. The greater expansion of Chrysler happened during 1928 when it acquired the Fargo truck company and the Dodge Brothers Company and started selling vehicles under those brands. The company expanded its business operations into Europe during 1960s, creating the Chrysler Europe division with the acquisition of French, British and Spanish companies.
During 1970s, Chrysler had to retreat its business operations from Europe due to bankruptcy. Through negotiations with creditors, and by participating in a bailout from the U.S. government through the T.A.R.P. program, the company managed to remain in business. In 2009, Chrysler emerged from the bankruptcy proceedings with the United Auto Workers pension fund, Fiat S.p.A., and the U.S. and Canadian governments as principal owners.
During 2014, Fiat S.p.A announced a deal to purchase the remains of Chrysler from the United Auto Workers retiree health trust. The deal was completed in August 2014 and Chrysler Group LLC was renamed as FCA US LLC, to reflect the Fiat-Chrysler merger.
Job available in Chrysler
There are wide ranges of employment possibilities available for people looking to start their new career in Chrysler. Some of the domains that have job openings are Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Product Design, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Warehouse etc
Engineering Group Lead Job
The Engineering Group Lead is responsible for the following operations as listed below
- Supervise the work of Bargaining Unit (SBU) Process Engineers and guiding them along their job of development of process and tooling for trim, chassis, and final operations from vehicle design to vehicle launch.
- Make critical decisions, manage complex projects, and meet project budget and timings
- Should provide root cause analysis and utilize tools such as Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s, FMEAs, Six Sigma etc.
- Should create design for manufacturing concepts throughout all projects and develop a solid team atmosphere
- Should communicate effectively with all levels of management
Vehicle Testing Operations Supervisor Job
The Vehicle Testing Operations Supervisor is responsible for
- Supervising the employees who are involved in building and maintaining prototype vehicles
- Should maintain and update the test fleet and fill in whenever needed for over time and any other additional capacity
- Should communicate effectively with team members
Brand Marketing Manager Job
- Responsible for delivering monthly sales and share objectives
- Should be focused on the development of the brand and product awareness
- Should identify market trends, and create creative marketing programs to drive sales results
- Must think strategically, communicate and implement plans
- Must possess very good oral and written communication skills
The employees working in company Chrysler enjoy the following benefits
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for tax-efficient savings
- Health Savings Account (HSA) in the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible work arrangements
- Vacations paid
- Life insurance
- 401 (K) Plans ad many more
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in Chrysler, visit the company’s official website http://www.chryslercareers.com/. Select your desired job and upload your resume, and click apply button. If you’re a fresher to the website. you need to signup on the website and select the desired username and password before applying
The Engineers are paid about $700k per month whereas Design Engineer gets around $500k per month.
The employees working in Chrysler are happy with their company as 67% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends. And 81% approve of the CEO, Sergio Marchionne.
Some of the pros and cons of working in Chrysler are
- Friendly place to work
- Good management
- Good facilities provided to employees
- Average salary and promotion
- Long hours of work can detract from personal life